Wednesday 17 April 2013

N is for.... New Stuff About Me...

N is for ..... New Stuff About Me.

Well, I was nominated for the Leibster Award twice, so maybe I should participate! Thank you Jodie
http://sothisis40-really.blogspot.com/2013/04/l-is-for-liebster-award.html
and Elayne
http://elayneminich.blogspot.com/


Here are the rules:
1. Anyone with less than 200 followers can be nominated for The Liebster.
2. Each nominee should post facts about herself or himself.
3. Each nominee should answer the questions that are asked by the person doing the nominating.
4. Choose new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link them in the post.
5. Create new questions for your nominees.
6. Go back to their pages and tell them they've been nominated.
7. No tag backs.


Now I'm going to try and answer their questions. Here goes.
 (Jodie's questions)
1. If you could experience anything again for the first time, what would it be?
  Riding my bike? I'm a terrible bike rider, so maybe I can teach myself again.
2. If you could change one thing in history, what would it be?
  World War 1&2
3. How do you think the world would change from your answer to #2?
  There would be less hatred!
4. What's your happy song?
  Probably anything off The Lion King. This is a tough question!
5. What scent are you wearing?
  None! I smell wonderful already:)
6. What's the most important thing you would tell your 16 self?
  Become a Social Worker!
7. Describe your town/country in one sentence.
  My native city probably hasn't changed much since the last time I was there.
8. Sweet or savoury?
 Sweet!
9. What are the five best things about women?
  Communication, understanding, empathetic, multi taskers, mind readers,
10. What are the five best things about men?
  Not complicated, like to fix what is broken, courageous, optimistic, predictable.
11. Who would play you in a movie?
  Julia Roberts, because I've had comments that I look like her... :)

(Elayne's questions)
1. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Friday! You get to do something fun after working all week, and a weekend ahead to rest:)
2. Did you set a goal for 2013 and what was it?
Nothing concrete, but it was something like 'do something worthwhile'. I hope I am getting there!:)
3 Do you have a pet? What is his/her name?
Yes! Maggie:) My cat.
4. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Aerobics and running
5.Why did you start a blog?
Because I wanted to share my thoughts.
6.Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
Tough question! Somewhere by a beach.
7. Prefer camping or hotel room?
Hotels - actually Bed and Breakfasts, because I like the hospitality.
8.Do you know how to swim?
Yes, but I'm not so good.
9.Besides writing what is another favorite hobby?
Reading, cooking, baking, (I want to learn something new!)
10.What is the title to your favorite book?
I don't have one favorite. I love Paulo Coelho...he is perhaps my favorite author.
11. What is the name of your favorite movie?
 Shawshank Redemption. 

Random facts about me:

I don't understand why Americans never use knives when eating
I want to 'save the world'!
I make a pretty darn good pizza from scratch
I'm also proud of my banana bread creations
I've been a vegetarian since I was about 12
I want to skydive for charity, but I'm so scared!
I have lived in 5 countries
I detest turnips
I cannot stand unmade beds
I've come to the conclusion that 'strep throat' is an American illness, as is does not exist in England.
Oh, I don't think I've ever had an ear infection, but I feel like all American kiddos get them constantly.

Blogs I have nominated:
http://anjakimberley.wordpress.com/
http://marykatbpcsc45.blogspot.com/
http://amamhc.blogspot.com/
http://authorkristijones.blogspot.com/ 
http://debraerfert.blogspot.com/
http://runningsurvivor.blogspot.com/

My questions:
1.What was your favourite childhood food?
2. If you could do one thing differently, what would it be?
3. What is your pet hate?
4. What is your weakness?
5. What is your strength?
6. What do you love best about yourself?
7. Do you believe in horoscopes?
8. What star sign are you?
9. Are you a lark or a night owl?
10. If you could change your career, what would you be?
11. Are you creative? If yes, how?

Thank you!!! :)






12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination...I am going to try to get the post done when I can find some time sweetie...blessings

    Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to be caught up for Friday when I'll be featuring your blog on the A to Z Blog.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award! I Saw a few bloggers on the A-Z challenge who have this as well, I think it’s a really cute thing. Maybe someday I’ll get one too, haha!
    I love pizza, I wish I knew how to make one from scratch like you.

    Anyhoo, ound your blog through Arlee Bird’s blog on the A-Z blog. Let’s get you to 50 followers today! :)

    ~ D is for Deecoded ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go skydiving. Its a such an awesome experience~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! So interesting to learn about others and the questions you pose are thought provoking!
    Well done for your nomination - you deserve it!

    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge, found you from Arlee's blog today.

    Really cool post. Loved the fun facts. I'd love to hear your pizza recipe!

    Lyre @ <a href="amy-lyre.blogspot.com>Lyre's Musings</a> #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please read the post at Blogging from A to Z today (Friday April 19). I've featured your blog to help you gain some new blog followers. Don't forget to visit those who are your new followers and have left comments so you can thank them and reciprocally follow their blogs. We're trying to accomplish some fruitful networking today!

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your nomination. The scariest thing about skydiving is that moment when your tandem partner counts to three and then you are out of the plane. After that you know that nothing is in your hands anymore. It is so peaceful gliding down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award. I got one awhile back but decided I wouldn't work it until the a-z was over, as I already had my posts written and scheduled.

    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with Sandy, I love this idea but it will have to wait till I get done with the A-Z. This past week I did not manage much visiting so I have to get caught back up.

    Thanks for sharing about yourself you sound like an interesting person. You should get a bike and go riding. I love riding mine something about it causes my mind to work faster. There is something exhilarating about it.

    Happy A-Zing,
    Margot at A Devotional Mosaic and Spark My Creativity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your Liebster Award :) I've been nominated before, and it's great fun. The Shawshank Redemption is my favourite movie too, but I can only ever watch it once because it so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Stephanie on your Liebster award. I can see it is well deserved. It is such a fun way to get to know folks and I love the way you incorporated it into the A to Z challenge. YOu are one lucky lady to never have had an ear infection. I wonder if that means something about how healthy you are. Great post. God bless, Maria at Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete