Saturday 7 April 2012

F is for Friends and Family

F is for friends and family.

Oupsie, this is a day late, because we have a very temperamental Internet connection right now.
I found F really hard. I could think of lots of words, but I couldn't think of something solid to write on just one of them. So, I'm going to try and write some kind of little poem about friends and family. Lets see...


Friends.
A friend will be your foundation,
when you are fragile and frail
They will fight for you when you fall
no longer standing tall
They will be forever faithful
never fleeing when faced with fear
A friend will forgive,
each and every one of our flaws
Already forgotten,
Floating far away
Friends are forever,
That is fair to say.


Family.
Whoopla! here is your family
Say hello don't dismay.
No, you can't choose them,
This one is yours,
Good luck!

So much to learn, so much to do,
To make it work, to make it strong.
How do we do this?
Where do we start?
What if this? What if that?

My boys are eating spiders!
My girl keeps wearing my shoes!
And my husband, well I don't know,
He just looks confused.

We are all so different,
Yet squidged together under this roof.
Fumbling about, tripping and slipping and sliding,
But somehow we seem to manage,
To grow together as one.

Our bonds cannot be broken,
We are woven together too tight.
My family is part of me,
My underlying support.
Without them I am just nothing,
Like a stray cat wandering in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment